My first focus will become my most deeply rooted thought.
It’s been a while since I’ve been able to get to a quiet coffee shop and read and reflect with no timeline.
I have read and heard from so many ‘successful people’ that the best way to start your day is to pop out of bed and get your morning started off with a workout. I tried for several weeks to do my workout first thing. I felt really good in the morning. But then dang, I started to feel like I was rushing from task to task with no downtime. I quickly discovered, for me, that is not the best way to start my day π
I have found that I like to start my day slow and with coffee (π) and my Bible. I heard something yesterday on a podcast that I was listening to, that the first thing you focus on in your day is going to be the most deep-rooted thought engrained in your mind.
On mornings that I start my day with checking emails or even social, I do see where I naturally start having more anxious thoughts. Bah.
On days, where I flip open my Bible first thing, it’s easier to go slow and be more intentional. Yeah, I hear God better on those days π It’s nice and peaceful.
And the mornings I’m able to come to a coffee shop and go slow and read and reflect and let God pour into me. Oh gosh, so much joy. I recharge when I am able to be alone and quiet. That FILLS me up.
Next, I’ll go do my workout.
It’d be super cool if I was one of those people that could jump right out of bed and head straight into the workout. Yeah, that’s not what fuels me in this season.
As a close friend has shared with me, follow His peace.
“You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!”
Isaiah 26:3
“I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.”
John 14:27
Comments
Post a Comment