It may not be important to you
Ok so if you have this view I apologize in advance and hope that I don't offend you too much, however you may need to recognize that you may have offended other people if you said this phrase. "It's just religion, I don't understand why they are acting this way." Now to a good amount of people, religion does not play a major role in their lives. They deem it "unnecessary", "fairy tales", or "unimportant". And that's just fine. That is their perogitive. However, there are still a good amount of people that consider "religion"(I personally don't like that phrasing, but just to generalize it for a second I'll go with it) a huge if not the most important aspect in their life. Aka, they put their Faith first, their family second, and their career and other responsibilites last. I personally agree with this because I am a Christian. I know others do not. I do wish however, that those who do not hold religion to the same level would at least respect others decisions that do. For example, when someone says, "I can't date this person because they are not a Christian, they are not Catholic, they are not Jewish, not Muslim, etc. There's a reason! That means that the deciding person holds their faith so high on their bracket, that if the other person was not of the same "faith" or "religion" they wouldn't necessarily have the same views on life. It therefore would not work. It's almost the same as not having the same hobbies, likes and dislikes, and asperations in life. So when you if you catch yourself saying, "So what if one person doesn't share the same religion/faith as the other person. That's just ridiculous! That doesn't matter. They just have to love and respect each other and it will work." Be careful, you may just have offended someone. Because that's almost like saying, their faith/religion isn't important. And that's not good, because it is EXTREMELY important to them. Hope that little rant made sense. And if you don't agree, please comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts :-)
Comments
Post a Comment