District 9

I saw District 9 last night. I first have to start off by saying, there are most definitely some parents out there that need to exercise better judgement. I saw standing in line at the ticket counter and there was a Dad and Mom there with probably 4 kids all trying to see the movie and the kids could not have been any older than 11. Now I understand some kids are more mature than other kids and so you have to use your own judgement and there are some movies that are very educational. This was NOT one of those movies. The guy selling the tickets even tried to warn the parents against seeing this movie (respectfully might I add), they didn't get it or they just did not care. I was disturbed by the movie and I'm a "mature audience member". The first 30 minutes of the movie left you wanting to know what was going to happen next, the next 30 minutes of the movie left you thinking, oh my gosh should I just walk out of the movie right now?!!!, what the heck?! Some parts of it could be compared to the hollocaust. Then they had pornographic references (which just left me in shock at how the parents could let the kids continue watching this movie). The language, well that wasn't the shocking part anymore after everything you've seen at that point. Then there were just some gross points that I refrained from watching because my imagination gets the best of me when I sleep at night. The movie did lead you to want to root for the aliens, which I think if a movie can do that especially when they look like what they do, that's pretty good. All in all, I would never recommend this movie to anyone, except those that want a movie that will shock the heck out of them and just want something to talk about.

Comments

Popular Posts