Julie/Julia
Ok so I loved the movie Julie & Julia. Such a cute movie! Both characters were played great (not that I have anything to compare them to :-) I decided to look up what kind of martini Julie and her husband kept drinking throughout the movie and discovered her actual blogs.....I have to say
I prefer the character. The actual person is much more sarcastic and cusses more than I care. My mom tells me that she remembers watching Julia Child on TV and that movie portrayed her very well. The character Julia totally reminded me of my mom. Especially when she spits her tongue out at the lady administering the test so she may be granted a certificate for becoming an acquired cook. My mom likes to say things such as "na-na-na-na-na" and does a little jig and point her index fingers out in somewhat opposite directions. It makes me laugh :-) All in all the movie did it's job with inspiring me to want to go to the grocery store and by a bunch of fresh produce, veggies, olive oil, cheeses, butter, etc. and some wine and cook up a great ol' big dinner. And it was definitely a feel good movie!
I prefer the character. The actual person is much more sarcastic and cusses more than I care. My mom tells me that she remembers watching Julia Child on TV and that movie portrayed her very well. The character Julia totally reminded me of my mom. Especially when she spits her tongue out at the lady administering the test so she may be granted a certificate for becoming an acquired cook. My mom likes to say things such as "na-na-na-na-na" and does a little jig and point her index fingers out in somewhat opposite directions. It makes me laugh :-) All in all the movie did it's job with inspiring me to want to go to the grocery store and by a bunch of fresh produce, veggies, olive oil, cheeses, butter, etc. and some wine and cook up a great ol' big dinner. And it was definitely a feel good movie!http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/2002/08/25.html <---Julie Powell's blog
Comments
Post a Comment